Thursday, May 18, 2006

DaVinci

I am tempted to go see the movie! Such a guilty secret.
One of the most compelling, and simultaneously poorly-written (OK a tricky point - dialogue and descriptive text were clunky, but the plot did not let me give up, no matter how awful the style) books I have read. And clearly almost a screenplay as it started.
It was a fun travelogue, and as I am about to go to Paris, it makes sense to enjoy this.
And yes, it will be nice to see Audrey Tautou, though I pictured Sophie Marceau in the role. Oh well - nobody consulted me on the casting. And Tom Hanks. Err, no.
Even worse, the earnestness of Ron Howard surely cannot be right for this goofy novel. I fear I will be laughing much more in the movie than I did in the book. The whole thing was constructed with great humour by Dan Brown, and I have seen no hint Ron Howard knows what humour is.
Still, I suspect they will get my money this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home