Tuesday, June 13, 2006

One of the fine verbs relatively new to our language - to fisk

I was actually so silly as to feel dismay when I turned on the CBC's 'The Hour' show recently to find that they had turned for perspective on the killing of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi to, of all people, Robert Fisk. This competes with the show I recall where they interviewed Ian Williams for details on the UN Food-for-Oil program. (I imagine they might have interviewed Eichmann for some perspective on Auschwitz at some point.)
But the great thing about this is it drew Fisk into the range of the guns of Andrew Coyne. And even Andrew Coyne found it impossible not to, well, fisk.

2 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

Hmm. Coyne 'fisked' Fisk. Is there some specific defense of Fisk you want to make against what Coyne said?
And yes, the Eichmann analogy is weak, though the choice of spokesperson by the CBC, if not documented as pretty special, is pretty special. I know they pretended that Ian Williams was a reasonable person to choose on that show some time ago. I came too late to the Fisk show to know how Strombopoulos introduced him.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

The short answer is clearly that there is nothing Coyne said you are prepared to challenge. Or did I miss it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home