Saturday, June 10, 2006

This is my once a year day

The concept comes from one of my favourite American musicals. But the incarnation this time is the sighting of a Baltimore Oriole. Where I grew up there was a pair of Orioles who put together their basket-bag nest in a tree in our backyard every year. But now, it is very tricky ever seeing them. My average is that on ONE golf round each year I see one - today I saw one rushing to a tree. It was a delight. They are bautiful.
Actually, the whole golf round was fascinating - lots of birds - Canada Geese, Mallards, Red-Tailed Hawks, Baltimore Orioles, Goldfinches, Killdeers, Sparrows, Starlings, Woodpeckers, Yellow-Bellied Sapsuckers, Tree Swallows, Barn Swallows, Gulls, Crows, Grackles, and surely many more I cannot list.
What a great world of diverse creatures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home