Sunday, August 13, 2006

Media, cont'd

My sister's recent post on our uncle caused me to reflect a bit - I somehow doubt he got two or three days of CBC coverage as an individual casualty in the Canadian advance after D-Day. Every Canadian casualty today in Afghanistan (even in a drving accident, or shot by one of his co-soldiers) gets a few days' coverage on Canadian media, especially the CBC, which can be interpreted in a variety of ways. One is to think that we are very lucky today.
But it got me onto the question of what today's media coverage would look like in the hottest parts of World War II. Hot Air pointed me to a very nice exhibit of this (scroll down to the large image) here.
I paricularly like the headline:
Jewish Resistance shatters hopes for a peaceful solution

What were the actual headlines then?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home