Saturday, October 28, 2006

Consortia

My being on the road last week among people working for competitive companies has already been exposed. But the dishonourable behaviour of my company's competitors continues to shock me. One of the people from one of the other companies spent major energy trying to recruit the companion of someone from yet another company, surely simply to undermine his commitment to his company. Here we see a very dubious character just after promising another one the title of 'Geek Princess' in his organization.

2 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger Tom Marble said...

One of the challenges of working with one's competitors
is we often need to correct one another's public statements
where they might unintentionally mislead the public,
n'est-ce pas, Alan. As we continue to work in the spirit
of fair competition, including last week in San Diego, it would
never cross my mind to undermine my competitor's committment
to his company. As an ambassador to my country as well my company
I strive to establish an open and friendly dialog with
visitors. It was simply important for me to communicate that
Sun is always interested in top engineering talent
and offers a diverse, global working
environment where the dress is casual and the job titles
can reflect the creativity of the geeks we attract.
--Tom

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

Yeah, right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home