Monday, August 17, 2009

Star Sightings - Someone Special

I love going to tennis tournaments because I think of seeing top players as seeing celebrities, who have earned in a way actors, say, have not. I saw a lot of great tennis players I wanted to see today but I also had another privilege.
During a very bad part of the day I decided to boogie back to the main stadium, and my attention was drawn to a blonde woman walking forcefully ahead of me - there were many people, blonde and otherwise, up there - she just seemed to have a special bounce.
I noticed that she was carrying a number of tournament towels, and thought, it is nice there are fans who will keep buying the merchandise. And then I noticed that she had a monstrous racket bag on her bag - it could hold 8 rackets easily, and I wondered where she had bought it (not that I need one).
Now this woman had enough basic charisma that I picked up my pace to see if I could figure out more about her, at a time when I had been flagging badly in the heat (I am of highly Northern European extraction).
Very quickly we came across the defining point - she wandered through the player gate, and I continued to recover from my ailments in the shade in a grandstand area. But as we separated, I realized - hey, they were not lying, Kim Clijsters is back!
Now I have seen her play here, so was not focused on this, but she has been a favorite for a long time. Yay!
And by the way, it is true, any photograph, and particularly television will hide how slim and lithe someone is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home