Wednesday, May 26, 2010

DWTS - 2010 Finale

ABC milks this franchise brilliantly and the finale show was superb; it is delightful seeing the odd bits of live TV.
I started watching this series only last year, because of Melissa Rycroft.
My one reservation is that it is awfully hard on people who are not professional performers. In some sense, all the finalists, Andrews, Lysacek, and Scherzinger are performers, but Andrews is a reporter, where both the others work their bodies professionally.
Watching now in my second year as a viewer, I am coming to enjoy the personalities not just of the 'celebrities' (many of whom I had never heard of before the show), but also of the professional dancers. There is no question Anna Trebunskaya has a personality! And Derek Hough's professionalism is impressive. Is Maksim just a showboater? It may take me another year to assess, but he got one great samba out of Erin last night.
As Len said, this was a stunning season, and it certainly was far above what I saw last year, even into the finals. Good job ABC!
As it came to the end, I was cheering, like any red-blooded sports fan, for ESPN`s Erin Andrews, but also knew that Nicole Scherzinger was far and away the class of the field.
But as Carrie Ann said, this was a fantastic year to watch the celebrity performers improve! The kind of reality show I like.
Congratulations to Nicole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home