Thursday, August 05, 2010

Mark Twain on the Jews

h/t Steve Sailer!, whose post is certainly worth a read, but also sent me to this essay, written in 1898. This passage leapt right off the screen:
Speaking of concentration, Dr. Herzl has a clear insight into the value of that. Have you heard of his plan? He wishes to gather the Jews of the world together in Palestine, with a government of their own - under the suzerainty of the Sultan, I suppose. At the Convention of Berne, last year, there were delegates from everywhere, and the proposal was received with decided favor.
I am not the Sultan, and I am not objecting; but if that concentration of the cunningest brains in the world were going to be made in a free country (bar Scotland), I think it would be politic to stop it. It will not be well to let the race find out its strength. If the horses knew theirs, we should not ride any more.
I love that last sentence.
Time to go back and start reading Mark Twain again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home