Thursday, July 21, 2005

More Silliness Vindication

I have been back to my silly little country only two days and some catching up is needed.
I am delighted to see Australians are getting this news about my city of residence, regarding our willingness to accept nonsensical proscriptions.
If this seems ridiculous to you, go check out the Wikipedia entry on the great Toronto band The Bare Naked Ladies and search for 'Rowlands'.
Sales of the tape were jumpstarted when BNL were taken off the bill of a concert at Toronto City Hall because a staffer for then-mayor June Rowlands saw the band's name and felt it objectified women, which catapulted BNL into a media frenzy.
I am starting to feel much more justified, and much more confident in the triumphant silliness of my home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home