Saturday, July 10, 2010

TCM - This is Laying it On!

So now I find 'My Darling Clementine' is on. It is only in my top 20 movies, and is interfering with my attempt to appreciate some Canadian content.
REALLY interfering.
So I think "At least they are not running 'The Searchers'" tonight. Well crap! Thay are - at midnight. Good thing is I have VHS tapes and a couple of DVDs of 'The Searchers,, and also have 'My Darling Lementine' on VHS (and still the playback technology on a few of my TVs).
But this thing is, it is great to see them live on TCM!
Not sure what I will do this evening.
OK watching ,My Darling Clementine, and it is hitting me that this is at least as subtle and complicated as other Ford efforts from the time, certainly far more so than the current Hollywood generation can manage (how did the intellects shrink so fast? - I still guess it's the '60s).
Think I will stick to this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home