Wednesday, September 29, 2010

London, Ontario's Grand Theatre High School Show - "Anything Goes"

Wow! Wow! Wow!
PLEASE Go See It.
Each year London, Ontario's Grand Theatre hosts a season-opening production largely casted from local high schools. This year they chose Cole Porter's "Anything Goes".
Regular readers will know from past reports that I often enjoy these shows, and I particularly did way back when when they did "West Side Story".
But this show! WOW! WOW!
An especial WOW! to Olivia Sinclair-Brisbane as Reno Sweeney; she was utterly spectacular. Great voice and great presence. And this is not meant to belittle the rest of the cast; there was no weak point in the whole show. But she made "I Get a Kick Out of You" work as it should. I hope to be watching her on some other stage in 10 years.
Greatest credits should go obviously to the unseen folks who organize this show every year. I wish Toronto had something similar I know about. Thank you all so much.
Now I am excited wondering what next year's show will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home